See the Updated UK Visa Application Fees in Nigeria for 2023. There have been changes in the fee, and this article will provide information on the exact amount alongside other relevant information.
A visa is a stamp on your passport that allows you to access the United Kingdom for the stipulated period. There are various reasons why people visit the United Kingdom from Nigeria, and the type of visa you’re issued depends solely on the purpose of the visit to the country.
Some of the most common types of UK visas include Work Visas, Business visas, Study visas, Visitor visas, Family Visas, Settlement Visas, and Transit Visas. Most Nigerians moving to the United Kingdom either go there to study or work, hence why this article will focus more on them.
UK Visa Application Fees In Nigeria 2023[Updated Prices]
|Student visa[Student – main applicant and dependants]||$472|
|Student visa[Child Student]||$472|
|Visit Visa Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry)||$130|
|Visit Visa- Longer-term (valid for up to 2 years)||$489|
|Visit Visa- Longer-term (valid for up to 5 years)||$872|
|Visit Visa- Longer-term (valid for up to 10 years)||$1089|
|Visiting academic – more than 6 months up to 12 months||$260|
|Private medical treatment – more than six months up to 11 months||$260|
|child visitors[Short-term (up to 6 months, single or multiple entry)]||$130|
|Temporary Work Visa||$337|
There are still other visas not outlined here and you can check the cost via the Application Fee Portal Here.
UK Work Visa Types & Requirements
This visa is issued to professionals who wish to work and live in the United Kingdom. There are various work visa categories, with the most common being the Health and Care Worker Visa and The Skilled Worker Visa.
Categories Of Work Visa
Visas You Can Apply For Without A Visa These are the types of visas that can be issued without you securing a job in the United Kingdom.
- British National (Overseas) visa
- Graduate visa
- Youth Mobility Scheme visa
- India Young Professionals Scheme visa
- Apply for the Global Talent visa
- UK Ancestry visa
- High Potential Individual (HPI) visa
- Visas That Allow You To Come To The UK To Work For Your Overseas Employee
This visa is issued to those who have secured a job in the United Kingdom.
- Senior or Specialist Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)
- Overseas Domestic Worker visa
- Graduate Trainee visa (Global Business Mobility)
- Secondment Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)
- Service Supplier visa (Global Business Mobility)
- UK Expansion Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)
- Temporary Work Visas
They are issued to those who would love to work and live in the United Kingdom temporarily.
- Seasonal Worker visa (Temporary Work)
- Government Authorised Exchange Visa (Temporary Work)
- Creative Worker visa (Temporary Work)
- Religious Worker visa (Temporary Work)
- Charity Worker visa (Temporary Work)
- International Agreement visa (Temporary Work)
Other common types of Work Visas issued by the United Kingdom include:
- Innovator Founder Visa: A visa issued to those who want to set up and run an innovative business. You must be able to show that your business idea meets the requirements.
- International Sportsperson Visa: Issued to those who are elite sportspersons or qualified coaches
- Minister Of Religion Visa: For those offered a job in a faith community.
- Scale-Up Work Visa: This allows you to come and work for a scale-up business or one that is growing.
UK Study Visa Types & Prices[Pounds]
The student visa is issued to International students who want to study and live in the United Kingdom[UK]. Categories of the study visa include the following:
- Student Visa: Replaces the Tier 4(General) student visa and is issued to those who are above the age of 16 and meet the following conditions: Have consent from their parents
- Fluent in speaking and writing English Language
- Have enough money to support and pay for the course
- Child Student Visa: Issued to those between the ages of 4 and 17. It replaces the Tier 4(Child) Student visa.
- Short-Term Study Visa: Issued to those who want to study English Language in the United Kingdom for 6 to 11 months.
UK Study Visa Cost
The study visa costs £363 to apply for a Child Student visa from outside the UK and £490 to extend or switch to a Child Student visa from inside the UK. In addition to the fee, you must pay for a health surcharge, which is part of the application.
The short-term study visa costs £200, while the health surcharge costs £470.
If you found this content useful, share it with others also drop your questions in the comment section below.