The Express Entry Immigration route is an online system created to aid skilled workers during the immigration process. The three different immigration routes in this program make it easy for the applicants to find the most suitable routes.
Immigration Programs Managed Through Express Entry & Its Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for Each Routes are:
- The Canadian Experience Class: This route is used by workers with over three years of work experience in a Canadian institution before applying. Applicants who intend to use this route must have a minimum of 7 during their Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) test (for applicants from English-speaking countries) and a minimum of an NCLC 7 (for applicants from French-speaking countries). Refugee claimants and people whose work experience was gotten without a temporary resident status are not eligible.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program: Skilled workers with foreign work experience can apply through this program. This program is accessible to skilled workers who have worked in a TEER 0, TEER 1, TEER 2, or TEER 3 category and completed at least one year (or 1560 hours) of continuous work in their chosen field. Only paid work experiences are counted; student work experience of over 30 hours a week is accepted if wages were paid. An educational assessment credential is accepted for foreign applicants if it shows that the education is equivalent to a completed certificate from a Canadian post-secondary institution. A minimum CLB and NCLC score of 7 is required in the application, as well as proof of funds and a valid job offer from an employer.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program: Skilled workers qualified in a skilled trade can become permanent residents in Canada through this medium. Technical trades and transportation officers, supervisors in natural resources and agricultural-related productions, cooks, butchers, chefs, and bakers are eligible for immigration through this route. A minimum of 2 years of work experience is required before application, and a certificate of qualification is needed.
Requirements & Application Procedures
The following documents will be required to complete your application:
- A passport or travel document
- A language test result
- Proof of Canadian education or an educational credential assessment report
- Provincial nomination(if you have one)
- Written job offer from an employer in Canada (if you have one)
- Proof of work experience
- Certificate of qualification in a trade occupation issued by a Canadian province
- Proof of funds
If you plan on also applying for permanent residence, the following documents will be needed:
- Police certificate
- Proof of funds
- Birth certificate (if you’re declaring dependent children)
- Common-law union form (if you declared marital status as “common-law”)
- Marriage certificate (if you declared marital status as “married”)
The next step is to create your Express Entry profile; you can do this by logging into the IRRC website. You have 60 days to complete and submit your express entry profile for assessment. Invitations are then sent to the applicants with the highest score; upon invitation, you’ll have 60 days to present your application.
The average processing time is six months or more. No fees are required.
I hope this article has been helpful to you if so rush over to the IRRC website and apply immediately.