China, one of the largest economies in the world, is no doubt a land of opportunity that many people wish to experience; if you’re one of those people, then this article is just what you’re looking for.
In recent years, China has implemented a more open and efficient visa policy as a way to attract more foreign talent. This policy has simplified the visa application process for intending workers.
Below are some of the basic requirements:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be in good health and have no contagious disease
- Have a skill relevant to the position you’re applying for
- Have a valid passport and other necessary travel documents
- Have a clear criminal record
- Have a valid job offer from a recognized company in China.
Benefits Of Working In China
With the job market in other countries being oversaturated, China is the perfect destination if you’re looking for well-paying jobs and a low cost of living.
- Experience a New Culture: China has one of the richest cultures in the world, a perfect place to learn a new language and make new friends.
- Boost your CV: Fast career progression and a higher earning potential are two of the best reasons to work in China. Also, working for any of the big companies in China would help boost your CV.
- Engineering Expertise: If you’re in the engineering field, China is just the place for you, as their technological advancements in recent years are second to none.
Applying For The Work Visa: Detailed Guide
If you’re applying from your home country, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Prepare the required documents: A valid passport/scanned copy of the passport
- Medical examination reports from authorised hospital
- Recent passport-sized photograph
- Background check report authenticated by the Chinese embassy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher diploma authenticated by the Chinese embassy
- Proof of at least two years of work experience in a relevant field
- Applicants Resume
- Verification of employment history
- Copy of contract from employer
- (For teaching positions only) TEFL/TESOL certificate authenticated by the Chinese embassy
- Information concerning any accompanying members
- Apply online for a foreign work permit notification letter
- Apply for China work visa at any Chinese embassy near you
- Receive permission to enter China; once in China, you have to register with the police temporarily
- Receive medical verification
- Apply for a residence permit
- Apply for a work permit
The processing time can take up to 3 months before the application is completed.