The USA Visa Scholarship is one of the numerous ways international students enter the United States to complete their education.
The United States is one of the prime destinations for students looking to gain from a widely recognized education. US colleges and universities have made it easy for international students by granting them scholarship opportunities.
List Of Best Scholarship Opportunities For International Students In USA
Below is a list of Scholarship opportunities available for International students:
- The Foreign Fulbright Student Program is a scholarship opportunity for international students pursuing their master’s or PhD degrees. This grant covers tuition fees, textbooks, airfare, living stipends, and health insurance.
- The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship Program awards scholarships to high-achieving international students applying for a bachelor’s degree to pursue social/civic change. Only students returning home to improve their home country would be accepted. This scholarship covers all billable expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for ONE international student who would need a visa to study in the US.
- Berea College Scholarship offers financial aid and scholarships to international students that cover 100% of tuition, room, board, and fees for their first year of enrollment. Students are expected to save $1000 to cover their expenses in subsequent years.
- Concordia College Scholarship provides partial financial assistance to international students. It is based on the student’s academic ability and financial need and amounts to $16,000 annually.
- Emory College Scholarship offers need-based financial aid awards to a select group of international students annually.
- Illinois Wesleyan University Scholarship offers merit-based scholarships to qualified international students with exceptional academic achievements and test scores on their entrance exams. The rewards range from $16,000 to $30,000 yearly and are renewable for up to four years.
How To Apply
- Be accepted into an educational program (you can apply to any of the scholarships listed above). The college will send you a 1-20 form.
- Register for SEVIS and pay the fee of $350. This payment should be made before the DS-160 is completed.
- Complete the online non-immigrant visa application (DS-160). This costs $160, and you must upload a photo of yourself and provide other required documents.
- Book an appointment for a visa interview at any US embassy near you.
The student visa processing time ranges from a week to a few months, depending on the complexity of your case.