Canada Students Visa Requirements, Fee In Nigeria 2023- See How To Obtain one
Canada is one of the world’s top destinations, and it is open to receiving many immigrants yearly. Lots of students in Nigeria would love to further their education in Canada, most especially those interested in a Master’s or Ph.D., and a visa is a mandatory requirement that you must possess before you can be granted access to the Country.
There are various categories of Canadian visas, the common ones being visitor visas, student visas, work visas, permanent residence visas, business immigrant visas, and express entry visas. The type of visa you’re issued depends on the purpose of your visit to the Country, and on this page, we will focus on the student visa and the requirements in addition to the fee.
About The Canada Student Visa
The student visa allows foreigners to live and study in Canada, and it is a combination of a visitor visa/ETA and a study permit. A study permit is a document that allows international students to study at Designated Learning Institutions(DLI).
A study permit is not a student visa, so you will need to be issued either a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization in addition to it.
Eligibility For Canada Student Visa 2023
Before you can apply, you must fulfill the following conditions:
- Must be enrolled at a Designated Learning Institution
- Must be financially able to pay any of the following: Tuition fees
- Living expenses for yourself and your family
- Return transportation
- Prove that you will leave Canada after your studies.
- Must be in Good health
- Must have no criminal record and must possess a Police certificate if necessary.
Documents Needed To Apply For The Canadian Student Visa
The following documents will be needed by those who want to apply for the student visa:
- Proof of Identity: A proof of identity is a mandatory requirement applicants are expected to present. They can show any of the following:
- A valid passport or travel document.
- Two recent passport
- A letter of acceptance from the school you intend to study: If you’ve been conditionally accepted, you will need to take some courses before starting your main program. Also, you will not need an acceptance letter if you have a family member with a study or approved work visa.
- Proof of financial support to show that you have what it takes to sponsor yourself or your family through the period you will be spending in the Country.
- Letter of Explanation: This will help explain your goals to the visa officer.
- Quebec Acceptance Certificate: Quebec is a region in Central Canada that shares borders with Onatorio and other cities. If you plan on studying here for more than six months, you will need an attestation of issuance of your Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) to be issued by the Government of Quebec.
- Medical Examination: This is needed if you meet the following conditions:
- Plan to work in a place where public health protection is mandatory.
- You recently spent time in certain countries.
- Plan to stay in Canada for more than six months.
Other documents might be needed when applying for the study permit.
Canadian Student Visa Application Procedures
Applicants should follow the procedures below to apply for the Canadian study permit:
- Prepare all the necessary documents
- Visit the Canadian embassy in your Country to inquire or receive instructions on applying for the visa.
- Alternatively, you can visit the Canadian immigration official website to apply through the student direct stream.
Canadian Student Visa Fee, Processing Time
If you’re applying via the Student Direct Stream, you must pay at least $150; the processing time is usually 20 days. This fee does not include the amount you must pay for the visitor or ETA visa.
Drop your question in the comment section below also share this article if you found it helpful