This is another opportunity for teachers who would love to migrate to the United Kingdom to become teachers. The program is designed especially for non-UK teachers who meet the requirements that will be outlined on this page.
About The International Relocation Payment Plan
The International Relocation Payment Plan(IRP) is a program introduced by the UK government for non-citizens who are either trainees or teachers of physics and languages. The program will cover the following costs: The cost of visas, health surcharge, and other expenses that might be incurred.
Those who are eligible will receive a £10,000 grant from the Department for Education (DfE) around the end of their first term training or working. This grant can only be received once and should not be repaid. The scheme is categorized into three namely:
- Trainees on fee-paying courses
- Teachers and salaried trainees
Eligibility For Teachers Who Want To Register For The IRP
Below are the criteria candidates must meet to be eligible to apply as a teacher:
- Must be a physics teacher
- Must not be residing in the United Kingdom[UK]
- Must be a general or combined Physics teacher
- Must be teaching any language apart from English Language
- Must be in England not more than 3 months before your job commences
- Must not be a citizen of the UK, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland
- Must apply for any of the following visas:
- Skilled worker visa: Replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa and allows skilled workers to work and live in the United Kingdom.
- Student visa: This is for international students aged 16 and above who want to come and study in the country.
- Youth Mobility Scheme: This visa is similar to the work visa however, it has its own criteria that must be met which include:
- Must be between age 18 to 30 (or 18 to 35 if you’re from New Zealand)
- Must have £2,530 in savings
- Want to stay for up to two years
- India Young Professionals Scheme visa: This is a scheme that allows young Indian nationals between the ages of 18 and 30 to work and live in the UK. The criteria are identical to the one outlined above.
- Family visa: This visa is for those who want to move with their family to the United Kingdom
- UK Ancestry visa
- British National (Overseas) visa
- High Potential Individual visa
How To Apply For The International Relocation Plan Program
Simply visit the IRP application portal here and click on the green Start button to commence the application. Answer the questions and click on the Continue button where necessary to proceed to the next page. The application will commence on September 4, 2023, and end on October 31, 2023. Eligible persons will receive the grant by latest January 31, 2024.
Drop your questions in the comment section and share this article with those you know will be interested.