If you’re an undergraduate student studying in Canada, internships might be just what you need to help boost your resume and improve your chance of getting employed after school. Canada’s booming economy has resulted in many vacancies across various industries in the country, and these internship opportunities are also available to International students.
A Canadian internship will provide connections, growth, and mentorship from some of the best people in their respective fields; it would also increase your graduate employability as internships from most Canadian companies are respected worldwide. Engineering, hospitality/tourism, management, finance, and Technology are some of the few industries that are always looking for interns.
List Of Internships In Canada For International Students
- Tesla International Internship Program: The Tesla International Internship Program offers students in Canada (both international and local) the chance to work with some of the brightest minds in Technology today. This internship is fully funded and open to Undergraduate, Master’s, or students about to enter higher institutions. Accepted interns would be assisted in relocation and accommodation. This internship is expected to start by January 2024 and continue till spring 2024 (April/May).
- Stifel Nicholas Investment Banking Analyst Intern: The Investment Banking Internship provides students with hands-on experience in the banking sector. The intern is expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously with primary responsibilities in the research and analysis related to transaction generation and execution. This role is open to 3rd-year undergraduate students with outstanding academic records and involvement in extracurricular activities. Their primary roles would include Conducting industry research and building out industry databases.
- Working with banking teams to execute transactions
- Performing in-depth quantitative financial analyses.
3. BNP Paribas IMPACT Internship: The IMPACT internship is a series of internships in the banking sector that allows for mentorship and growth of its applicants. Winners of the IMPACT Program will receive a $7,000 bursary, a paid summer internship, and mentorship with the leader of a bank. The 4-month internship is open to both undergraduate and master students with a GPA of 3.0 and above who have at least one session left of study after completion of the internship and are willing to work full-time in Montreal from May to August 2024. Coding experience and proficiency in MS Office Suite are expected.
4. Mitacs Globalink Research Internship: This is a competitive program for international undergraduates; top-ranking applicants from various academic disciplines would take part in a 12-week research internship under the supervision of faculty members at Canadian universities. Eligibility factors considered for this internship include CGPA, statement of interest, and reference letter. Globalink interns receive health insurance, a stipend for housing, a stipend for food and incidentals, transportation from the airport to the accommodation, and lots more.
5. KPMG Canada Internship: KPMG, a global network of professional firms offering auditing and tax planning services, offers fully-funded internships for all international applicants. Internship areas include audit, digital tax, campus program audits, and Canadian tax. Candidates who complete the program can apply for Visa scholarship jobs in Canada.
Drop your questions in the comment section below also share this article if you found it helpful