The United Kingdom[UK] Visa is one of Nigeria’s most sought-after visas because many people would love to move to the country to further their education. A student visa is a document that allows students to study in the country for a specific time.
Each country has its requirements for issuing a student visa, and you can apply from outside or inside the United Kingdom. This visa has replaced the Tier 4 (General) student visa, which is a visa that caters to students outside the UK or EEA who want to study for a full-time degree in a University or College.
Eligibility For UK Students Visa 2023
Before one can be eligible to apply for the visa, they must meet the following conditions:
- Must have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor
- Must be aged at least 16 years. [Those below 16 or 17 should apply for a Child Student Visa instead.]
- Must be financially secured
- Must have their parent’s consent
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing English Language
UK Student Visa Fee 2023[Updated Prices]
There is an update to the UK student visa fee. Currently, the fee costs £363 for those residing outside the country, while it costs £490 to extend or switch to a Student visa outside the UK. In addition, the health surcharge is compulsory for those who want to apply online or by post.
Core Documents Needed To Apply For The UK Students Visa
There are documents candidates must possess before they can apply for the visa, and some of the core ones include the following:
- Your fingerprint or photograph at a biometrics center
- Other Supporting documents
- An International passport
- A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from your course provider
- Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent for those under the age of 18
- Evidence of your relationship to your parent or guardian if you’re under 18
How To Apply For UK Students Visa In 2023
Before we outline the application procedures, it is essential to state that the earlier you apply, the faster the response will be. The application should be made online via the UK Government’s official website, but you must visit the embassy in your country for biometric capturing.
After applying, expect to get a response within three weeks. If successful, you will get either of the following:
- Biometric Residence Permit: This will be used to confirm your identity, right to study, or right to any public services or benefits you’re entitled to. If you give your biometric information at a visa application center, this will be issued.
- A digital immigration Status
Drop your questions in the comment section also, share this article if you found it useful.